The MyAccount Service

July 14th, 2009

Canada Revenue Agency has a wonderful service that’s worth signing up for. ¬†It’s called MyAccount, and allows you to log in online and review your tax history. ¬†It’s great for those times when you need to reprint a copy of your Notice of Assessment, or to check to see where your tax refund is. ¬†There’s no cost to sign up. ¬†And, you can request the Canada Revenue Agency to provide your accountant with access to your MyAccount, so that your accountant can also get important information without having to call.

I’ll be honest with you: ¬†it IS a little bit of work to sign up for this service. ¬†You first need to register for what’s called an ePass. ¬†Then, the government will mail you (yes, in the mail) a security code that you have to enter to activate your MyAccount. ¬†So it does take some effort on your part to register, but it’s definitely worth it.

Do it today at

As an added bonus, once you have an ePass you can use it on quite a few other government websites, including Service Canada (check your Employment Insurance claim!), Veteran Affairs Canada, and Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, to name only a very few.

Filed under: Consumer Tax by David Boese No Comments »

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *