Medical travel rates 2009

January 20th, 2010

If you need to travel more than 40 kms one way to obtain medical services, and those services are not available closer to your home, you are allowed to claim your travel costs as a medical expense.  The Canada Revenue Agency allows you to claim a simplified, cents per kilometre travel rate.  Each year they announce the mileage rates for the different provinces.

If you need to travel more than 80 kms, you can also claim a meal at a flat rate of $17.00/meal, no receipts needed.

For 2009, the mileage rates can be found at:

Filed under: Personal Tax by David Boese No Comments »

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *